With all the wet weather we have experienced your garden may be feeling a little under the weather. Fortunately, there are lots of drainage options to avoid the puddles appearing in your garden.
Garden drainage solutions:
- Aerate your lawn annually, around early Spring
- Mix organic matter in with your soil which naturally allows water to drain away
- Install a drainage system to direct water away from your garden to a storm drain, not your neighbours garden
- No access to a storm drain, then you can dig a soakaway and direct the water to that
- Use raised beds where you have control of the drainage within
- Create a water garden with water-loving plants and direct the water flow to this area